The chosen candidate will play an important role on all Warp releases, taking responsibility for the distribution, retail and sales activities of our Artists’ music in the US and Canada. They will report directly to the Head of Warp North America and collaborate with our teams in New York and London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting our Artists’ vision and helping them reach their potential through great sales strategies across physical, digital and streaming
- Industry research and sales targeting for new releases
- Collaborating with Warp’s physical distributors to develop and implement innovative and profitable retail strategies
- Working directly with digital stores including iTunes and Google Play to secure great promotions and sales for our Artists
- Liaising with Warp’s digital team in London to drive streams and sales initiatives from social networks, websites, mailing lists and advertising, based on their strategic goals
- Writing sales notes and priority sheets
- Building valuable relationships with key regions across the US and Canada
- Developing regional promotions that connect with our Artists’ live touring
- Driving back catalog through bespoke campaigns
- Ordering point of sale materials
- Managing stock and distribution
- Using your ideas and initiative to identify and realize new products and distribution opportunities
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of performance income and other new revenue streams
- Supporting the retail and sales activities of Warp partner labels and releases
The chosen candidate will love music, contemporary culture and Warp’s Artists, and have the outstanding communication skills necessary to promote projects among our international promo team and external partners. They will be able to demonstrate a keen interest and track record in traditional and emerging music sales platforms, holding an innovative and thorough outlook with attention to analytics and detail. They will be excited by how strong sales activities can enhance our Artists’ careers and the profitability of the label, and hold the drive to make things happen.
With this role, Warp offers the chance to manage and grow a key area of our business as part of a creative and passionate team.
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter describing why you are suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any LA candidates should have the flexibility to spend extended periods in New York. The closing date for submissions is Sunday November 9th 2014.